Our complaints procedure
Breast Cancer Now aims to maintain high standards in all our work, but we recognise that we can sometimes get things wrong despite our best intentions. We are committed to establishing and maintaining good relations with all supporters, clients, campaigners, donors, partners, volunteers and members of the public, and we aim to always treat people with respect.
Your feedback matters to us
At Breast Cancer Now, we openly welcome feedback and complaints. We actively encourage you to contact us with your feedback, whether good or bad. Complaints are especially important to us as they may help us see where our work could be improved. We will keep a record of all the complaints we receive to help us learn for the future.
How to get in touch
If you are unhappy with our Helpline or Ask Our Nurses service, please email email@example.com.
If you are unhappy with our other services, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are unhappy with the grants we fund, please email email@example.com or call 020 7749 4121.
If you are unhappy with our fundraising, or anything else which we do, please contact our Supporter Care team by calling 0333 20 70 300, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to:
Supporter Care team
Breast Cancer Now
5th Floor Ibex House
42 – 47 Minories
London EC3N 1DY
To help us investigate and address all complaints, we ask you to provide us with as much information as possible.
- The reason for your complaint
- Where and when what you’re complaining about happened
- The name(s) of anyone involved (if known)
- What outcome you are hoping for
- Your contact details (name, address, daytime telephone number and/or email)
To help us investigate and address all complaints, please provide us with as much information as possible:
- the reason for your complaint
- where and when what you’re complaining about happened
- the name(s) of anyone involved (if known)
- what outcome you are hoping for
- your contact details (e.g. name, address, telephone number or email)
We will strive to get back to you as soon as possible and 10 working days at the latest. If you are unhappy with our response to your formal complaint, you can appeal. We will review our response and get back to you within a further 15 working days.
Taking your complaint outside Breast Cancer Now
If you are not satisfied with our response to you on appeal, you can take your concern to an external regulator:
- the Charity Commission, if you feel we have broken the law or there is a serious risk of harm to us or our beneficiaries
- the Fundraising Regulator, if you are unhappy with our fundraising activity
- the Independent Betting Adjudication Service, if you are unhappy with the running of our lotteries or raffles
- the Information Commissioner's Office, if you are unhappy with how we use or look after your information
- the Nursing and Midwifery Council, if you feel a nurse could put patients at risk or damage the public's confidence in nursing