Brenda’s top 10 tips for organising your wear it pink day
Brenda George, seasoned wear it pinker gives her top 10 tips for organising a wear it pink day at work.
Get the boss on board. Talk to your boss about Breast Cancer Now – and why the whole company should wear it pink on Friday 21 October.
- Save the date. Up on the wall and all over the intranet, make sure you promote your event everywhere! You’ll find a poster in your free fundraising pack, so sign up to receive your pink pack today.
- A month in advance I go out to my contacts to see if they will donate and prizes for a raffle on the day to help increase our fundraising total.
- Find out about matched funding. Perhaps your company has a scheme to match the amount you raise. That’s double the money for no extra effort.
- Make sure you’ve got everything you need… posters, recipes, bunting etc. you’ll find these in your fundraising pack and you can download more online.
- Share the load. Get a group together to help on the day. There’ll be plenty to do – from collecting cash to making sure everyone signs the gift aid form.
- In the week leading up to wear it pink day I ramp up the excitement and the fundraising by reminding everyone to wear it pink.
- Make sure on the day you don’t forget to take lots of photos and share them with Breast Cancer Now on social media #wearitpink. We always enjoy the day especially with all the cake on offer!
- Pheww… you did it! Now you can enjoy the weekend, knowing you’ve made a big difference!
- The following week I chase up any outstanding money, pay in my fundraising money to Breast Cancer Now and I announce the grand total and thank everyone for taking part.
Whether you’re a first timer or a seasoned wear it pinker, get involved with wear it pink on Friday 21 October and sign up now for your free fundraising pack.Sign up